Just a quick update on Phantom. He had three lumps in question. The lumps on each side of his body were aspirated and determined to be fatty tumors as the vet had expected. We had agreed with the vet not to remove them if just lipomas since they are both in an area that can be tough to heal and one is under muscle.
The lump that is of the most concern on his chest was removed and "appeared" to be encapsulated, but, as the surgeon explained to me yesterday and reiterated today, there is no way to be sure there weren't some trailers feeding out until the lab report is done. All indications are that it is a malignancy but will be determined by the pathology lab. So I guess this is at least somewhat encouraging, but we will just have to wait to know more, maybe by the end of the week. Phantom will be staying overnight just as a precaution since his buddy TD might be a little too much for him to handle today. Thanks again to all for your good thoughts and wishes.