Today is a day to give thanks for good friends. We always get so much joy and happiness from our many readers and from the many blogs we try to visit regularly. We are so grateful for the love and support you extend to us every day, and most especially in recent days for Phantom. It means so much to know that there are peeps and pups out there whose friendship is true and sincere and constant. Without getting too mushy, we just want to say . . .
Today we want to acknowledge some awards we received this week from two of our newer furiends. We received these Versatile Blogger awards from Pip and Miss Molly.
We are to tell you seven things about ourselves. Hmmmm, let's see what we have to share that you don't already know.
- We are currently living in H-E-double-toothpicks. It is like an inferno here in the KC area with no relief in sight. And so that means we get very little time outside, no walks unless the Momster will take us very late, and lots of naptime.
- We have one human brother and two human sisters and they all have spouses and kiddos. There are six nieces and nephews - Momster and Dadster's grandbipeds. And this week the human brother and family are visiting from the LA area - our house is FULL of peeps, big ones and little ones. And that isn't a bad thing - lots of extra treats for us.
- We all hate baths.
- BUT Thunder and Ciara love to stay outside in the rain.
- Mom is thinking about getting us one of those exercise balls like Mango and Dexter have.
- We are all excited for the big wedding between Frankie and his girls Ruby and Penny.
- We may not be around much for a while to be able to visit all of you:( But we will try to do our best and hope to be back on track in a bit.
We also want to show you something special that the Momster got in the mail - AND it came from ROYAL Mail - does she have some secret royal ancestry connection that we don't know about?
The handsome Ginger Jasper and his very lovely Mum sent a package for our Mom "just because" - something to let her know that they were thinking of her. Wasn't that just so thoughtful? Here is what she received:
Look at that beautiful photo card of Ginger Jasper - he really knows how to strike a pose. And then there was a beautiful scarf for Mom.
Here is a closer look. Isn't it just beautiful - look at all those pups on there? Thank you, Ginger Jasper and Mum. You are very special friends.
Many of you have been asking how Phantom is doing. A few of you commented on how he looked sort of sad in the video yesterday. Some of you may remember how stressed he was last year when he had to wear his shirt for so long. Well, we think part of his sadness now is because he really doesn't like his cone at all. He is only at the halfway point today. He has to wear it until he gets his stitches out next week. Mom has tried to let him go without it while she can watch him, but he immediately tries to scratch it or rub his face on the floor or furniture. And he has one mean paw when he scratches. So she has to be firm and make him wear it. He also isn't eating very well at all. He is Mr. Picky, but his appetite has been poor. The vet thinks the antibiotic may not have agreed well with him, but he is done with it now. We are hoping to see an improvement in his eating now. Mom has tried everything to get him to eat. But he is not only picky, he is downright stubborn. So here's hoping things get better. At least his incision is healing well.
Not the face of a happy boy:(
One more week, the cone and stitches will be gone, the household will be back to its normal insanity, and maybe the weather will get cooler.
Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara
Pee Ess, note to Martha and Bailey. We haven't forgotten about our PIF, but we are going to wait until things settle down a bit.