Monday, October 30, 2017

Monday: Mischief Maker or Master Mover

Mom says I am a Mischief Maker when we go for walks.  I like to sniff everything, and I am especially fond of picking up leaves, bags, cups, plastic bottles, empty grocery bags, and sticks.  I figure I am being a good boy in picking up all the messy litter along our walk route.  But I do have one item that is my very favorite thing to pick up.


PINE CONES!!!!

There are lots and lots of pine trees along the whole three mile route that we usually take.  Don't worry, I don't eat them, I just like to be a good Siberian worker dog and carry them home.  I am a Master Mover!!!



Oops, wait a sec.  I dropped this one.



OK, all set.  Let's keep going.



Hang on a minute, time for a minor mouth readjustment.



That's much better.  C'mon, Mom - time to get a move on.



Sometimes I find a better pine cone along the way and leave the first one for later.  But for the most part I do manage to tote a pine cone in my mouth for most of the walk.  Mom says the only good thing about this is that it distracts me from chasing the blowing leaves.



So what do you think?  I don't see any mischief here, do you?



Time for another short pause - I spy birds up there on that power line.  Come down here, birdie. Maybe I can carry you along with the pine cone.  I promise you, I am pretty fast.


My stash - now if only I could get Misty or Lightning to help me carry some more home - I could really have a big pile.




Mom, trust me, this is NOT mischief.   This is ME, a Siberian Husky from the working breed.  Just think, it won't be long before I get you enough pine cones to make a pretty holiday wreath!!!

Woos - Timber





26 comments:

  1. How thoughtful you are to help your Mom collect the pine cones. There are lots of pretty things she can make with them. I wish we had some cones around here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hari OM
    ...or to stoke the winter fire! ...or paint the silver and string them on the tree... oh the creativity you present before us!!! Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Timber, good job cleaning up the neighborhood. And just look at your stash. Keep up the good work. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooooh guess what? we should walk together... I'm like you and I can need efurrything I see on da street... and I love pine cones and chestnuts and acorns and used kleenex... we could be the street cleaning team ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Timber you are the best pine cone collector EVER! I am sure your Mom appreciates that you are getting ready for the upcoming holiday decorating season. I wonder if I could carry a pine cone. Oh wait - we don't have any pine trees around my yard! Darn!

    Hugs, Teddy

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMD, your momma calls that mischief?! Doesn't she know that people PAY to get pine cones in the store?

    ReplyDelete
  7. timber that is an excellent job you're doing with those pine cones for your mum,xx Speedy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Timber you are being very helpful and cleaning up the street.
    My ma paid for pine cones then she threw them in a bowl. She's nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Timber............you are so funny and just too precious for words. What a darling little habit you have there. One day it might be very very cold and your peeps might need those cones to help start a fire.
    We are gonna give you the title of Pine Cone relocator
    Hugs madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did a wonderful job Timber and you are very dedicated!

    ReplyDelete
  11. No mischief at all, Timber! And that's a great collection.

    I occasionally pick and carry stones around!

    Woofs,
    Tommy

    ReplyDelete
  12. All we can say is Well Done! You've done a great job cleaning up the area. That's a great collection you have there.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Quite the collection you've got there, Timber!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're such a hard worker, Timber! It's nice of you to clean up your hood by bringing them home! Good job!

    PeeS: Go Chiefs! Beat those Donkeys!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Timber... you brought back a wonderful memory. Our dog Cadi did the same thing, every single walk for many years. We let her keep her pine cones in a BIG pile next to the door at the end of each walk. After she died, her pile was still there. It made us cry and then later made us smile.

    I love your work ethic. I hope that your mom can find a place for you to keep those pine cones!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMD Timber... you ARE a fabulous Mover...
    We think that you are building quite a collection... maybe you could get your mom to make them into a Wreath. THAT would be grand.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Timber it looks like you are helping your mom with her holiday decorations. We here pine cones are great in a glass bowl or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like you have quite the collection Timber, I can come over and help you eat...I mean make Holiday Decoration with them if you like :-)

    xoxo,
    Rosy-Who also does not commit any mischief, leafs make great floor decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aren't we supposed to pick up everything we see on a walk? I love your pine cone collection

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMD, that is so FABulous Timber! You are one good puppers! I don't do anything that exciting on my walkies...mostly just barks and drool...
    Maybe I needs to starts somethings...
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow Timber! We think you should win the award for Best Pine Cone Collector EVER!! Maybe the Mayor would give you a key to the city or something! Loved seeing your walk...you reminded me so much of Juliet! She is kinda crazy ... always distracted from the task at hand. She is STILL looking for toads here...although we told her we left them all at the lake! Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I hope you're careful not to get sap on your teefs or HuskyLips, Timber☺ Mackie loves picking up EVERYTHING on our walks when he's here but pinecones have never been one of them. Mom calls him trash boy.

    ReplyDelete
  23. You are just being a working breed, helping your mom in advance for her holiday decorations! So helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  24. hello woos its dennis the vizsla dog hay hmm timber ar yoo planning to mayk a plantayshun of pine trees wot yoo can sell for krismas trees come krismas time so yoo kan buy prezzents for misty and lightning??? that is sum gud planning for the fyootcher sharp thinking their littel puppy!!! ok bye

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for wooing at us. We love your comments!