Tuesday, December 11, 2018

#ChewyInfluencer Tuesday

Well, this is interesting.  We are here today to do a review for Chewy.com.  We almost always have something good to eat or fun to play with.  But today it appears that something different is happening.  But first we want to give you a little background about life at our house.

Over the years we have had a variety of crates/kennels/jails:)  It all started way back in 1999 when our two Angels, Dakota and Phantom, got into big trouble for creating a huge mess while Mom and Dad were at work.  Mom had been telling Dad for a long time that those two rascals needed to be in secure kennels when home alone.  But Dad thought that was not a nice thing to do.  Well, one day Mom came home to a big mess - REALLY BIG.  We will spare you the details, but suffice it to say that Dad had no choice but to agree to locking up his two babies.

We have had all sorts of kennels.  For many years we had VariKennels because that was what was needed to fly some of us from the East Coast to the Midwest.  Then as the Pack grew to three, then four, various sizes of kennels were added from really small ones for puppies to bigger ones for our Big Boy Angel Thunder.  When Timber arrived, Mom decided to try a wire crate for him so he could see the rest of the family with a clear view.

Today none of us HAS to stay in a kennel.  But some of us love to crawl into the wire crate for some quiet time.



I like to come in here for some down time when I don't want that younger Pest bugging me. But he does try sometimes to get in here with me. 




BOL - seriously you don't think I EVER think about getting in that contraption!!!  From the time I was just a wee pup, I hated all crates.  And just so you know, enjoy this photo of me because it is the only one you will find of me in this post!!!  (BTW, how do you like my "stylish" duct-taped cone?  With all the cold weather, it has become quite brittle and cracks easily, so Mom decorated it with lots and lots of tape.  Thankfully, we think I only need a day or two more before it can be permanently tossed!!!)




Lightning, I don't know what the big deal is - I LOVE my crate!!!  You can find me in here at several different times during the day.  Sometimes I do have to woo at Misty to vacate the property.




But now we have a new kennel.  That very nice lady Ms. Natalie from the Chewy Influencer Team asked Mom if she would like to do a special review this month of a Frisco Indoor Outdoor Soft Dog Crate for Chewy.com. Mom thought it was a great idea for the reasons you will find throughout our review.  We received the 36" crate from Chewy.com at no cost to us other than a fair and honest review.

Here is a quick summary of this product from the Chewy.com website.  We will demonstrate a lot of these features through some photos to follow.

Description:

Remember to measure your pet for the paw-fect fit. The Frisco Soft Crate Indoor & Outdoor Pet Home is the perfect on-the-go pet crate. Setup is quick and easy with no tools required, and it easily folds for compact storage. Three zippered doors keep your pet accessible and allow for convenient placement in your home, car or wherever the day takes you. You can secure the zippers shut with locking clips, and the side mesh doors have straps to hold the doors open when you roll them up. This crate is made to last with a sturdy steel frame, water-resistant base and durable fabric that can be hand-washed. The Frisco Soft Crate is available in sizes from 21 to 42 inches long to accommodate pets up to 85 pounds. All sizes are lightweight and feature a carrying handle—and the smallest crate also features a shoulder strap for easy transport when your pup’s not using it. Add a Frisco Crate Mat Pet Bed to make a super comfy home for your pet.

Key Benefits:


  • Perfect for on-the-go pet parents with its easy-to-fold design that also makes it compact for convenient storage. Add a Frisco Crate Mat Pet Bed for extra comfort.
  • Lightweight construction makes it quick and easy to set up with no tools required, so it’s perfect for camping, car trips, hotels and inside your home. The durable mesh panels make sure there is sufficient ventilation for your pet.
  • Features three zippered doors on the top, front and side for convenient entry and loading for your pet. Zippers include locking clips for added security, and the doors have straps so you can roll them up and keep the crate open for easy access.
  • Constructed with a steel frame and a water-resistant base to keep your pet secure and comfortable. The durable fabric can be easily washed by hand, and the rounded corners protect surfaces wherever you place it.
  • Available in sizes ranging from 21 inches to 42 inches long to accommodate pets up to 85 pounds. All sizes are lightweight and include a carrying handle for easy transport when not in use.




Misty found that convenient carry handle.  Even though we have the second largest size of the kennels available, it is still light enough for Mom to carry it quite easily.

Under that handle is the quick release buckle that keeps the kennel folded and when released opens the crate for easy assembly.  NO separate parts whatsover. Everything is attached to the soft kennel.  So no worries about losing any parts.




The box included a very easy-to-follow instruction manual. At first we thought Chewy.com had borrowed our Cousin Ruby to model the crate.


The instructions were so easy peasy with photos to illustrate the words.

 This is a view looking into the crate from the top.  There is a zipper with two tabs so you can open the crate a little or all the way very conveniently.


 All zipped up!!!



 A nice side pocket for storing lots of things - TREATS!!!!, poop bags, keys, wallet, etc. with a solid velcro closing.


 SomePup can't wait to get in there,  Misty wonders why the baby always gets to go first!!!

 C'mon, Timber - get a move on and get in there.  I want my turn too.

 Hold on there, Sister Misty, I have to check it out first.


 Nice and roomy in here, I can even turn around while I am standing.


 OK, OK.  We see that so just let me in there.


 Peek-a-boo!!!

 I can tell you opened that top, Mom - and I see Misty's snooter watching me too.


 And the verdict is - A+++++++ - this kennel is very cool and comfy.  I think I am going to like it in here.


Sheesh, you are in such a hurry, Misty!!! 



Mom, aren't you going to reward me for a great job with my review before I have to get out.



OK, just one more photo!!!

FINALLY!!!  Just leave the top off for a while - that sunshine feels good.

Another great advantage to having a kennel like this one is that it can be used outside. Mom said it is too cold out there for her to get an outside photo.  The fabric is water-resistant and can be wiped off with a cloth for cleaning.  The kennel also has a smooth fabric bottom so it won't scratch the hardwood floors if it somehow gets moved around:)

One other feature that Mom is excited about is that she can fit the kennel in the back of our Highlander.  She may never get Lightning in there, but it will be great for Timber who doesn't like to sit still in the SUV.



WAIT A MINUTE!!!  Who is THAT, Mom?????  Is that a hint that Santa might be bringing us something special?????  We can hope so, right?

Thanks to Chewy.com for letting us review this Frisco Indoor & Outdoor Soft Dog Crate.  We give it 8 paws up from Misty and Timber who will actually use it, and 4 paws up from Lightning who heartily endorses their use of it.

Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber


21 comments:

  1. I would think these are way more roomy and comfortable than the hard ones. Way cool.

    I hope you get that cone off your head and soon Lightening. You've been wearing it forever.

    Have a woof woof day. My best to your mom. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I'm so jealous! That's a nice crate! We love to take a soft crate with us when we are traveling, in case we need to use one in a hotel room. Soft crates are great to have, especially for overnight guests.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That really is a wonderful crate! Hey, maybe we need one of those for Brother Simon at night MOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the mama always wanted such a place where she can take a breath and what's her "cave"... I think we buy her that crate, I bet she will jump with joy ;O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hari Om
    now that looks both stylish and practical. Not something to worry you sibs, but am sure it is pleasing to the momster!!! hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. BOL BOL Lightning duct tape is the universal fix all! AND it is rather decorative with it being silver-ish. Dang scab I'll be glad when it is goes to another zip code like my snow. I wish we could send it to you. I don't remember the last time we had 9" in 24 hours.

    Great review on the soft side kennel WITH A sun roof!! You are stylin' now..
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pawsome new room! Rosy and Arty don't mind getting in a crate but Jakey is like you Lightning..no way, no how!
    xoxo,
    Rosy, Jakey & Arty

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love napping in my crate! If the flap is zipped, does it get hot in there, though?
    Yours sincerely,
    Margaret Thatcher

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sometimes, you need some crate time to get your mind off things. Now you have an array of choices to choose from

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful crate! Angel Maggie loved to hang out in hers when she didn't need it anymore but I never liked them. You are almost there, Lightning! yay!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, that is really neat. It looks like a suitcase. That would be nifty to take on a road trip!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That looks like a super duper crate. Our dog Ande used to love sitting in her crate. Glad you all like your crate. You all have a great evening. Our best to you three Woos.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great review. That looks like a nice crate.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm with the Collie's ~ I'm jealous! I loves my crate too! That looks like a FABulous one guys! I would loves all the windows and peek-a-boo screens! I'll have Ma check them out.
    Lightning, I hopes you finally gets that cone off my pal!!!!
    Paws crossed over here!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. GREAT review. You convinced me to check it out. It looks super nice!

    ReplyDelete
  16. We can tell you are going to have lots of nice naps in your new crate.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, that's pretty pawesome!! I have a wire kennel at home that's MY room. I hang out there whenever Momma's at work. Grandpa also got one for me that they keep at their house for when I visit. Momma says she would love one of these for traveling with me, but she's a little concerned that Somepup would tear through the fabric walls. I'm not sure why Somepup would be using MY kennel, but do you have a review on how sturdy it is to destructopups?

    ReplyDelete
  18. That really is a super cool soft crate! You all seem to approve of it! Also happy to hear Lightning may be coneless VERY SOON. Even though that fashionable duct-taped cone is simply lovely, no doubt he will be happy to say BYE BYE to it. As for the "hint" in the car - could it be a new Woo?????

    Hugs, Teddy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow That is really awesome! I have a similar crate called a Canine Camper. It folds up nice and Mom keeps it in the back of the CRV. When we go to agility practice I need a place to hang out in and at the dog shows too and it works perfect.
    hugs
    Mabel
    Hazel too

    ReplyDelete
  20. We love our crates too! Our angel sister Sheba was a crate destroyer so our mom never even would think about a fabric crate without wondering what she might have done to it! But that one does look great, especially for traveling!

    Kiki and Nala

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for wooing at us. We love your comments!