Wednesday, October 18, 2017

WoundsDay

Lightning here today.  I don't usually get to do a post about me, but I had to go with Mom today to the V.E.T.  

Mom noticed that I was limping on my front right leg on Saturday, and she thought maybe I had overdone things a bit as I was racing around the yard with Misty and Timber.  It is so much fun to run fast now that it is cooler outside.  So she thought a couple of days of no running and some rest would help.  But then Sunday she saw I was still limping and I was also licking and licking the pads on my right front paw.  She looked and looked but couldn't find anything.  I didn't give her any hint either since I didn't cry out or pull my paw away.  I was trying to be a very good boy.

But last night the limping seemed worse so she decided it was time to go to the V.E.T.  She doesn't like to have to take me in the car because I get very anxious and make a lot of noise ALL the way to the clinic.  I have to be tethered in the wayback of the SUV so I can't crawl in her lap:)  But she found a product that seems to help me a lot.




I have to take 3 1/2 of these chewable "bonelets" at least 45 minutes before I go in the car.  I don't mind because they are very tasty.  Misty and Timber kept trying to lick my lips after I had them.  And Mom and I are both happy to report that I was reasonably calm in the car.  Mom just wishes they would work for my anxiety about those darn bikes on our walks.


So the nice vet lady Dr. C. checked me all over and said everything seemed good, but she still needed to look at my paw.  When I was a young pup, Mom spent a lot of time playing with my toes and feet and ears so that I wouldn't mind getting my nails clipped, my ears checked, or my toes examined like today.  I was a really good boy and stayed down on the floor for the whole exam.  So what did she find?  Well, way down deep in my paw under all that fur, the biggest of my pads had a deep gouge in it.  Somehow I cut it and it was hurting enough to cause me to limp.  But I am a very brave boy and never cried about it at all.  So Dr. C. cleaned the wound thoroughly and clipped off the piece of pad that was hanging there.  I have to take it easy for a while to give it a chance to heal.  No licking (heh heh, heh) and no racing.  





Mom is hoping I don't have to wear a sock or a boot because either I will pull it off or SomePup will do it for me.  

Hey, Lightning, you know I have already been helping you by trying to lick that boo boo for you:)


I have some antibiotics to ward off any infection and some Rimdyl for pain.  The Rimadyl tastes pretty good to me, but Mom has to hide the Simplicef in something tasty. 


I am pretty lucky (I think) to have these two here with me in case I need some extra nursing:) 



But if you would like to send me a little extra POTP, I would be very happy.  I am going to be just fine, so no worries.

Now, I think I will let that Rimadyl help me take my afternoon nap.

Woos - Lightning (with a little help from my pals Misty and Timber)



34 comments:

  1. We are sure sorry you hurt your paw pad and hope the healing c omes quickly. POTP from all of us here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh No Lightning, I am so very sorry to hear that your sweet Woo paw is injured and in the same breath I commend you for being brave about the feets exam etc. My feets are special to me and we don't like them touched as a rule but since mom gives me mani-pedis I'm ok as long as it is quick
    Hugs and potent kitty slobbers coming you way. My slobbers are a cure all
    Madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well gosh Lightening I am glad they got you all fixed up and back at home, your momma is such a good mom to notice your problem and take you to the vet, yeah socks wouldn't work at our house either cos mags and gussie would rip them off. Now you rest up and before all you will be running around with your sister and brother. Stellie Rose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gosh, OUCH. I'm glad you went to the vet and had it checked out. Also, glad you found a product that keeps you calm in the car.

    P.S.: No licking or chewing on your paw. You don't want to have to wear a boot! I have an allergy related ouchie on my back and my silly assistant keeps trying to put a cone on my head BUT it's just a wee bit too big and I can wiggle out of it in about 3 seconds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're sending POTP even though we know you have it under control. After WEEKS of Roxy's sore foot and trying to keep a sock on it, completely understand the no racing policy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no Lightning. Glad that Mom got you to the vet and that it isn't too bad. But you must leave it alone. We sure hope it heals really fast and we sure do send lots of purrs and especially some nice hee haws from you know who. Those silly donkeys wish you get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We're glad that the dogtur figured out what the trouble was and you are on your way to being all fixed up. Take it easy and have your 2 siblings do the hard work for a few days!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bummer about your foot, Lightning. Take is easy and take your medicine and no lickies and you'll be better in no time at all! I'm sending you lots of AireZen and POTP!

    ReplyDelete
  9. POTP coming fur your poor paw. OMD we are soooooooo sorry. Hope it heals really quick. Take it easy... Just sayin.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We hope your paw will heal now - but best to leave it alone so you can avoid any extra things to wear. sending you lots of pug POTP Lightning!
    hugs
    Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  11. We are glad that they found the problem and we are sending you healing prayers

    ReplyDelete
  12. We are so sorry to hear you were injured. Good for your Mom to get you to the Vet so they could fix it. Foot ouchies are the worst. We hope you feel better tomorrow!

    Abby Lab

    ReplyDelete
  13. Of course we will send you some POTP~FYP (that's "for your paw")so it
    gets better quick and Mom can tickle it again! And you can do a doggie dance again!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You were a good doggie to put up with all that! I hope your paw feels better soon, and that you don't have to wear the cone of shame anytime soon. I also hope your younger siblings leave you hurty foot alone.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Lightning we are sorry to hear you hurt your paw. You are lucky they didn't wrap your paw in a bandage and hopefully you won't lick it so your mom has to put a sock on it. We have our paws crossed that you will heal quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dear Lightning, I'm so sorry about the cut on your foot, but glad that the Dr. found out about it and hopefully it will heal quickly. Glad you have something to help you sleep and to ease the pain.
    Get better soon!
    Wags,
    Noreen and Hunter

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a good boy you are letting them find your booboo, Lightning!! We are sending lots and lots of POTP that it heals very quickly!!
    xoxo,
    Jakey, Arty & Rosy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Nosey....not your footy! Lightning, hope you're feeling better real soon.

    PawHugs

    ReplyDelete
  19. OH NOES!!!!!!! Oh my pal!!!! I hopes your paw feels better real soon! You knows, Ma's Angel Annie had to have her paw in a sock for three months! she got used to it, butts she didn't have a puppers to 'help' her take it off for her! BOL! Sendin' lots and lots of healin' vibes and AireZens!!!!!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  20. power of the paw for your paw Lightning... and we hope it heals up quickly and without problems... oh boy if we had known this wonder-pills a couple of years ago... Easy hated the car and it was not easy to drive with him...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lots of POTP and healing purrs headed your way Lightening. We are sorry you don't like riding in the car it is one of Fenris & Tuiren's favorite things to do.

    We are having cooler weather and Miss Tui was actually playing chase with Fenris & Yang.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Mr Lightning we hope you are mending fast and will be back to running soon.
    Hey just think the snow will be there soon enough.
    xo Astro

    ReplyDelete
  23. Poor Lightning! When I was a young)er) pup, I often cut one or other pawpad on the flint that is quite common in our fields. #1 became very adept at bandaging my sore feet! Here's hoping that yours heals really fast!

    Woofs,
    Tommy

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh, paw ouchies are no fun! We're glad they figured out what was wrong and you're on the mend!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm not a big fan of people doctors. I can only guess how you pets feel about aniamals doctors.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Were so happy your going to be just fine,, Now get better soon,.
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm so glad that it's not something too awfully serious! From our corner of Virginia, we are sending you lots of POTP for fast healing, and adding some calming vibes too, so you don't want to join the crazy fun with those youngsters! Take care, and I hope that Friday is a better day than today!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hello Dear Mates. So glad all is well with your paw Lightning. It is a worry for mum when they see us limp. Oh and helloooo to Timber. We missed his arrival so we send welcome smoochies. Hope all is good in your neck of the woods. No worries, and love, Stella x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh, no! Sorry to hear about your footy-foot, Lightning! We will pray for a fast, uneventful healing -- and like no cone and stuff like that, too. Seriously - I had an owie on my footy-foot recently and had to wear the cone when Mom couldn't watch me. It was terrible! Hopefully, Misty and Timber will keep you busy to help keep your mind off it!
    Yours sincerely,
    Margaret Thatcher

    ReplyDelete
  30. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Poor Lightning! I'm so sorry you have an ouchie on your paw pad but it sounds like your vet and your Mom have things under control....you are a good boy to be so brave too. I bet your pills will fix it RIGHT UP!

    Sending you a lot of POTP brave boy..............

    Hugs, Teddy

    ReplyDelete
  32. Ouch, that sounds very painful. Fudge says that Rimadyl is good stuff and makes him feel lots better.

    Norma Jean takes that Calm stuff because she's afraid of loud =noises. It really helps her and maybe it can help you, too.

    Take good care of yourself and let that pad heal.

    ReplyDelete
  33. hello lightning its dennis the vizsla dog hay i am sorry to heer abowt yore owtchy fut i am sending lots of vizsla tail wags that yoo feel better soon!!! and the hipster kitties send purrs!!! ok bye

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh, so sorry about your boo-boo Lightning---but we are glad your mom was persistant and found out what was going on. Hope you are on the mend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for wooing at us. We love your comments!