Saturday, August 29, 2020

A New Bed??? Why Not Three???

What were you thinking, Mom?

We love our Wash 'n Zip Beds.  They are soft and comfy and reversible too. The best part, per Mom, is that they fit very easily in the washer and dryer and so can be laundered very easily.  Last week the nice man Stan from Wash 'n Zip sent us an email offering a 50% discount on some of the beds.  We have had two of them for years, way back to when Angel Ciara was still with us.  They have gotten a bit raggedy from use (chewing puppies:), so Mom thought it would be a good idea to get a new one.  ONE??? There are three of us, and as you can see, we boys  will have a tough fitting on the ONE together!!!
(Mom's Defense:  There was a limited number of beds available, and this was the best I could do with the size needed.)

Hey, this Princess is quite fine with occupying the  two older ones stacked on top of each other:)  As you can see, I am still a coneflower!!!  My surgeon is an ultra-conservative.  He removed most of the staples from my knee surgery but left a couple right around the curve of the joint.  He said ONE MORE WEEK just to be on the safe side.  BOOOOO!!! And the incision on my back for the big cyst removal still has its stitches in place.  Because of the location being so close to the shoulder area, he wants to be sure the incision doesn't split open; another WEEK for that one too.  Oh well, I guess I am OK with waiting a little while longer.  The only time the cone really bothers me is when I want to turn around in my crate - the quarters are a bit tight for that big satellite dish.  One of our commenters asked Mom if she has some tips on getting me to wear the cone. She says I am such a good girl.  I never give her a hard time and just stand still while she slips it back on me after my meals or after a little free time with my bones.  I am just so special:)

Here's wishing you all a happy weekend.  

Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber



26 comments:

  1. Nice new bed with KITTY STRIPES on it (tee hee). Misty you'll get that cone off after another week - just one more week - YOU CAN DO THIS!

    Hugs, Teddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. we are so glad you're special little Princess! actually the vet being 'careful' is wonderful.
    and the boys are so sweet there on 'their' bed!
    it's all good.
    thanks for the great update Mom! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet girl. Better to be safe than sorry on the staple and the flower hat. 😉Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That new bed does look super cozy! It's okay sweet Misty, one more week is no big deal, you've got this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Misty you are 100% a good girl; however, I also think your cooperation has a lot to do with you being so very thankful to be home where love is abundant and TLC first on the list of to dos daily. Lots of things ...even a coneflower..are tolerable when there is LOVE
    Hugs Cecilia
    PS love the bed

    ReplyDelete
  6. We don't understand why your mom wouldn't order a new bed for each of you. At least the boys let you have two of them, Misty. Sorry to hear you have to wear the cone still but you will be out of it before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are nice! Thanks for the tip Woos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad you make it easy for your mom to put the cone on. She has been going through so much, and she's more apt to take it off for special times if it's easy to put back on. Hang in there, you are almost done! We're so happy for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hari OM
    ... oh, methinks the princess scored on the bed front! Sorry the cone's still there, but another week really (truly) isn't that much for the extra safety and healing it provides! Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Princess Misty! Almost there... you'll be soon corn free! Paws crossed for your speedy full recovery.

    Pinot xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am sure you will both manage to share the bed.
    Misty, your vet is right to be cautious about removing all the staples and stitches. Better safe than sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the fun print on the new bed and I'm glad your girl is doing great and comfy no matter what bed she's on! We got "new" beds with the arrival of Buddy. Todd loved it so much he "marked" one of them....

    **And thanks for that welcome comment for Buddy. There's a whole back-story to his arrival (it reminded me of Misty's story) that I would have normally written about, but I know his former family is reading my blog, so I won't tell it - At least not right now. I'm just glad he's now part of Lab Rescue.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fenris has always been good about wearing his cone other than running into Mom with it. She says it hurts. Somehow today he tore it up so Mom needs to try to fix it because he still wants to lick his hotspot. We love the new beds.

    ReplyDelete
  14. ONE MORE WEEK!! YAY!! We are so excited for you Misty!! 24 PAWS CROSSED FOR YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Maybe you could all take turns in the bed. it's only one more week. We are sure you have been through much worse.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Misty, you are indeed special and such a good girl.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You're a good pup to be so cooperative wif da cone.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are such a good girl, Misty, about wearing your coneflower. It will be history before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. While we understand your cone frustration we think it is better to just suck up another week and then be done with the cone, hopefully forever. We want you to heal perfectly. There are 2 of us and we have 4 beds and we are allowed on the furniture.

    ReplyDelete
  20. My old doggie bed is still nice and comfy. I can sleep on the couch too.

    I hope that cone can come off soon, Misty.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You ARE so special, Misty, in every possible way! It il just be a little while longer with the cone and then you will be free!!!

    That is a nice new bed! I still use Tommy's old beds. #1 ordered one from LL Bean when Tommy was still a puppy and it is still going strong!

    Woofs,
    Ollie

    ReplyDelete
  22. Those look like nice comfy beds. We like to pile ours up too.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh gurl, you'll have that cone off in no time!!!! I really didn't mind my donut, butts I gots to say, I didn't likes the cone..i kept catching it on everythings! I am so glads you are able to be happy in yours, and you do looks FABulous! I do loves your bed! It is very cool! Maybe Ma will gets me one! hint, hint....
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  24. Those beds look great, and the princess SHOULD have two, because she needs the comfort in her recovery!

    Kiki and Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  25. You sure are special, Misty. The week will fly by. Before you know it, you'll be out for long walkies again! I am so glad that you are home.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for wooing at us. We love your comments!