Thursday, June 23, 2022

T-shirt Thursday

 Is this some kind of joke, Mom???  Here it is so hot and humid and I have to wear this silly shirt???



Yes, Misty.  If you could stop licking that spot, you wouldn't have to wear a shirt.  You should be happy I didn't make you wear the dreaded cone.


Hey friends.  I guess Mom is right.  I have been licking ANOTHER one of those darn sebaceous cysts on my left side.  My vet drained it a couple of weeks ago, but it filled right back up. The only way to stop that from happening over and over is to surgically remove the tumor encasing it.  This is the fourth one I have had in two years.  Can you believe the vet says it is highly likely I will have more?  I am just very prone to them.  I have also been having poop problems (bloody ones), and the vet is working hard to figure out what is wrong.  I may have to have a "scoping" done, something like a human colonoscopy, but we are hoping to avoid one if we can figure out the problem another way.  Mom says I am her problem child.  

From Mom:  Misty will be having surgery tomorrow to remove the cyst.  It should be a pretty simple procedure, but anytime anesthesia is involved, it makes me worry.  At least I know she is in good hands.  And by the way, don't tell Misty, but the dreaded cone will be making an appearance until the stitches are out.

Woos - Misty (and Mom)


18 comments:

  1. Poor baby! I hope you heal fast. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're sorry to hear about your cyst problems, Misty. Our mom tells us that one of our German Shepherd Angel Sisters, Greta, used to have the same problem and she had many of them removed surgically, too. We will be crossing our paws that all goes well for you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about all your boo boos and hope heal quickly. We will be thinking about you and Mom. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. dear misty all our paws are crossed for the surgery.. we hope your mama will share good news soon... hugs and lots of potp

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear, poor Misty. We wish her well in coping with her various medical issues - especially the dreaded cone...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have my paws crossed and my Mom has her fingers crossed that Misty's surgery goes well - the dreaded cone will make her realize that t-shirt wasn't so bad after all!! Sending hugs.

    Teddy and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hari OM
    Sending POTP for Misty - the cysts are one thing but bloody stools is no fun! Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sending good thoughts for Misty's cyst removal, and hope the vet can find the solution to the bloody stools.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are sending you lots and lots of AireZen and POTP, Misty, and paws will be crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are sending lots and lots of good vibes Misty's way, and crossing every paw and hoof!

    Everyone at The Poupounette

    ReplyDelete
  11. Misty (and Mom) darlin' you have all kinds of purrs and healing hugs coming from NC. I sure do hope the poop issue will heal on it's own so that you can avoid any scoping.
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  12. so sorry Sweet Misty, prayers and POTP coming your way. Even more sorry about that cone. Here we dread the cone worse than the surgery. Hugs and love to all of you... your blog looks like a beautiful garden.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Prayers for a successful procedure. I'm with mom on anastasia. Always scared me too.

    Have a woof woof day and weekend. Scritches all around and my best to your mom. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sending lots of POTP in hopes the dreaded C-O-N-E doesn't stay on long!
    Also hoping they can get your other diagnosis without any evasive procedures!
    xoxo,
    Sunny, Jakey & Rosy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh no! Good luck friend, I hope everything goes well. We're sending lots of POTP! Also I am trying to misplace the cone for you... wearing a t-shirt is bad enough!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Here's hoping the procedure went well and you can stop wearing clothes soon. Sending loads of POTP for you, sweet Misty.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You sweet girl, those cysts have sure been challenging for you. Hugs from us.

    ReplyDelete
  18. We are late to comment, but we are glad that Misty is in good hands with you and her vet. Lumps and bumps all need to be checked out and they do happen too often! And Redford had to wear a shirt too, it is better than wearing a cone for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for wooing at us. We love your comments!