Thursday, August 24, 2023

Thankful Thursday

It's me, Misty, here today.  I hope you can still recognize me, the fluffless Siberian Husky.

Mom says I am to be thankful that it isn't worse.  And I should be thankful that at least I have a lighter coat during this unbearable heat we are having.

Are you ready?



All I have left is my topcoat/guard hairs.  All my soft, gorgeous fluffly undercoat has fallen out.  It was like a Siberian blizzard here for the past week or so.  I don't have any more pretty pantaloons.  And wait till you see a closeup of my defluffed fluffy tail.  Well, there is still a bit more to come from my ruff, hind legs, a bit more of my tail, and under my chest and belly areas.  Mom "thinks" I am going to keep the rest of what you see.  But I don't like it. My fur is NOT soft.  It is very coarse, and it feels funny to me.



Look at that big gap at the top of my once fluffy tail.  And it really bugs me that the rest all the way down to my tip is falling out too.


Mom says I really don't look that bad, but I wonder if she is just being nice.




Oh, Misty, don't be a silly girl. Your brothers haven't even noticed.  They love you no matter what.  Be thankful you aren't totally nekkid:)



All that pretty white fluff around my neck will be gone soon.  But at least Mom is  thankful that I am still her cutie pie.

 Woos - Misty

Despite Misty's unhappiness with her fur loss, we are all thankful that it isn't worse.  What she does have left looks healthy and hopefully the undercoat will come back for the winter.  So let's be thankful and hop along with Brian's Thankful Thursday Blog Hop.





26 comments:

  1. I think you're perfect and so does your mom. You're most adorable too.

    Have a woof woof Thankful Thursday. Scritches all around and a hug to mom. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't look bad at all, and you still have your cool different colored eyes that most dogs never have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari OM
    Misty, dear, you still look truly beautifurs... if slightly more sveldt! The impawtant thing is that your furmily still loves you very much... hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you are still around to lose the fluff. You are gorgeous no matter !

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look as cute as ever, Misty. We have our paws crossed that your floof will return for the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You still look pretty good to me, Misty! Always gorgeous. :) ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet Misty, you look absolutely beautiful to us and nothing will ever change that! Hang in there sweet girl. Thanks for joining our Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry you are going through this. You look as beautiful as ever. Praying that it passes quickly. Hugs to mom. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Misty, we think you still look gorgeous and we have our paws crossed you will get your undercoat back for the winter. Maybe a leave in conditioner could help the remaining fur feel soft again. Mom does a coconut oil and Clary sage oil for Scylla sometimes. She mixes it up and rubs it on her hands and then pets Scylla to transfer it to Scylla's coat.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you're beautiful, and I'm not just saying that. And I'm guessing that you're a lot cooler with a thinner coat. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look beautiful Misty, and it is nowhere near as bad as I was expecting to see. You will always look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. we think it fits to summer and you look great... and we hope that all things fall in da right place.. they will.. potp and hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  13. To me, you are just as beautiful as ever, Misty, and it sounds pretty wonderful to me that you have less furs in the horrible heat and humidity that you are experiencing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. you look pretty amazing to us. still beautiful and I expected it to look worse. I know it makes you feel sad and mom too, that it is not like it was, but you look fine to us. I hope it will come back to keep you warm when winter comes. I have never heard of this, but have never had a long fur dog. we love you and your siblings and Mom too...hugs and we don't care if we get furs all over us, so don't worry

    ReplyDelete
  15. Misty darling friend I'm sorry about the lack of Woo-fluffiness. Your furs are only a teeny tiny part of you. Your personality big heart and gorgeous smile are what makes your Wooful.
    I'm thankful that you are feeling good though.
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  16. Java Bean: "Ayyy, you are always beautiful, Misty! And you still look very fluffy to me!"
    Lulu: "It's not a bad thing to stay cool in the summer, that's for sure!"

    ReplyDelete
  17. We think you look beautimous Misty...inside and out!
    xoxo,
    Rosy & Sunny

    ReplyDelete
  18. Misty looks so pretty! She kept the fur she needs and her undercoat will grow back for sure. (She reminds me of how Rosie looked when I adopted her, she had her last litter of puppies and had lost all her undercoat too!) Give a pet from us to that sweet gal!

    Rosie and Redford

    ReplyDelete
  19. We're sorry to be late commenting, Misty, but wanted to tell you that you look fabulous, no mater what!

    Woofs,
    Ollie

    ReplyDelete
  20. Misty, you will ALWAYS be beautiful in Our eyes - and speaking of eyes, yours are as lovely as effur.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You look good half furred Misty! We are happy to see you are doing ok. Lee and Phod

    ReplyDelete
  22. I think you're still very pretty. If your undercoat doesn't come back maybe your Mum could buy you a winter coat.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for wooing at us. We love your comments!