Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Tuesday Update

Well, friends.  I know I told you I was going to have Misty do the next post, but I wanted to let you know myself.

I have had a few not so good, very bad, terrible days.  I haven't eaten since Sunday unless you want to count the gallons of water I am drinking. I can't get up from the floor by myself, I can't do the stairs,  and I just don't feel very good.  Mom says she thinks I have a lot of pain. I am not sure what that means, but I know I feel very old.  I was supposed to have a spa day today, but Mom knew it would be too much for me.  So I told Timber he could take my place.


This is what I have done for the past two days.  I just lie down until I can't wait any longer to go potty.  Mom tries to get me up but I can be stubborn.  After all, I AM a Siberian.


I have been here for about four hours now.  It is just too hard to get up.  Poor Mom has been doing laundry all day today with all the towels and blankets and carpet runners I have been wetting.  I can't get to the door quickly enough to get outside

Tomorrow is probably going to be my day to take that big trip over the Rainbow Bridge to be reunited with Angel Dakota, Angel Phantom, Anget Thunder, and Angel Ciara.  Mom says I won't have any more of that thing she calls pain and I will feel like a young pup again.  I really don't want to go and leave Misty and Timber, but maybe Mom is right.  I just want to feel better.

Woos - Lightning

From Mom - Lightning has deteriorated so very quickly since Sunday.  It is hard to believe how fast he has gone downhill.  I have been in tears all day, but my husband and I have always vowed to do what is best for our dogs when it comes to quality of life and not what we want.  Not eating, lack of bladder control, and severe mobility issues - we can't turn a blind eye to that.  The brain knows even if the heart is broken.

19 comments:

  1. Big healing hugs, my friend. This is such a hard thing to do.

    I have to go now and find some tissues to wipe my wet eye. Love and hugs all around. ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same. Healing hugs and blessings to you, my dears.

      Delete
  2. Hari OM
    Dear Lightning - you are so very much loved that your peeps are seeing to it you get only the best of care - and that means, now, a rainbow trip. Believe me, it will be better than you can imagine and you will be able to see your furmily, even if they can't see you. You can watch over them along with your angel sibs and run free of all this pain and no more messies. Farewell darling, and give a big tail wag to your waiting fursibs! Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    Furmily - you will be sad, and that is just fine, because Lightning will leave a bit of a hole for a while. The Love will bring healing though - this you know - and the memories can all be of the fine times and wonderful dog that Lightning has been. Much Love and Deep Sympathy to you. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry to read about Lightning. I have been following your blog for many years now and always enjoy reading about the Woos. I am sure all your friends will be waiting for you over the bridge. Kia kaha (stay strong).

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love you all. Big hugs and lots of tears from here. Enjoy being a pup once again our dearest Lightning. Go run and be free nothing holding you back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such heartbreaking news and I have also been in the same situation so I know just how much you and your family are hurting right now. I'm so sorry. Sending you lots of love and virtual hugs and prayers for Lightning. I can still remember him as a young pup when Amber and Max were still here and blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry you all have been going through this. It's clearly the right decision for poor Lightning. That's the heartbreak of having pups. Much love. ❤️💕❤️💕❤️💕❤️💕

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lightning, we will make sure our Angels are there to greet you. We will miss you but we know your Mom is doing what is right for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We're so sorry to hear this news, Lightning, but we also don't want you to be in pain any longer. Our paws are crossed for you and your parents during this difficult time. We know Misty and Timber will be missing you but we bet they already know that your time with them is very short. We love you Lightning and will miss you also.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My heart aches for you, you are doing the right thing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so sorry to hear this. You are doing the right thing for your baby. Sending hugs and love and purrs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We are so, so sorry to read this, and will be thinking of you today
    Sending love and strength,
    Gail (and Nobby).

    ReplyDelete
  12. We love you all! We are praying for all of you for the ones left behind for the one that’s going over the bridge. Hugs and lots of love coming your way

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's such a tough decision but you know when it's the right time and Lightning is too sweet to be in pain. Hugs to you all♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Sweet Lightning... We were so sad to read this post, and we are so sorry that you have been suffering so badly. We know how big a welcome there will be at the Bridge for you, but please know also that we will all miss you. Safe travels, beautiful boy, and please say hello to your siblings and to Tommy for us.

    Gentle Woofs, Soft purrs and neighs, and hugs,
    All of us at The Poupounette.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dear Lightning Mom and Dad.
    I am so very sorry to read this post. We all promise our beloved furries that we will give them the best quality of life. Kathie you and David gave handsome Lightning the very best. He had loving siblings and bipeds who gave him the best loving. Lightning I know your angel siblings will be waiting for you to join the heavenly Woo Pack.
    Kathie I so much agree with your last sentence
    The brain knows even if the heart is broken.
    Love and Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  16. We are also so very sorry and teary eyes reading this post. The last line of your post is so very true, but always the hardest to face. We know Lightning will be greeted by so many wonderful old friends at the other side of the Bridge.
    Sending love and hugs to all.
    Beth, Ed, Rosy & Sunny

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so sorry to hear about Lightning. It is so hard. You are doing the right thing for him. I am so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sending so much love to Lightning...and teary hugs to you all...I need to go wipe away some tears. now... xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for wooing at us. We love your comments!